Looking for information about a Union Tulle accordion

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
bigskybri
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Looking for information about a Union Tulle accordion

Post by bigskybri »

A neighbor has an older Union Tulle accordion and asked me if I knew anything about it. Things like age, where it was made and possibly who the player was. I did an Internet search for the maker, Union Tulle, and the person w/ the name on the accordion, Janine Trauet, and came up empty. One reference to the accordion and nothing for the person. Can anyone here help?

MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Looking for information about a Union Tulle accordion

Post by MTGuru »

From snooping via Google ... The village of Tulle seems to be a center of accordion building in France, with the "Union" company located in Tulle. The museum "Le Pôle de l'Accordéon" in Tulle has a collection of instruments, partly accessible online. Go to this URL:

http://mediatheque.cite-musique.fr/masc ... andeau.asp

and plug "Union" into the second field, "Facteur ou marque". This will bring up a list of Union accordions with photos. The instruments all seem to date from the 1950s.

The instrument in your photo is, of course, a chromatic button accordion. I don't know enough to tell by sight if it's a B-system or C-system.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
bigskybri
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Looking for information about a Union Tulle accordion

Post by bigskybri »

Thank you for the link and information. I had told him I thought it was French made, but didn't know anything beyond that.