Ten-key melodeon at Willie Clancy Week 2010

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Paul Groff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Ten-key melodeon at Willie Clancy Week 2010

Post by Paul Groff »

Hello all,

Jack Conroy, one of my favorite melodeon and D/C# box players up in the Boston MA area, has asked me to spread this great news. I think for some years now Jack has been has been lobbying Muiris O Rócháin to include the 1 -row box among the instruments taught at Willie Clancy Week.* Now with success it seems!

I have been told that, this year, Johnny Connolly will be one of two teachers for melodeon. I wish I could go myself! But I hope some of you reading this may have that opportunity.

Please PM me for further information, since the brochure I was sent only has a phone number for Mr. O Rócháin that I would not want to post on the internet. But via Google I found that some information is also available on the web here:

http://www.setdancingnews.net/wcss/

Paul Groff

* I'm pretty sure anyone reading will know about this Irish traditional music and dance "summer school" held every year in Miltown Malbay, in memory of the great piper Willie Clancy.
Ptarmigan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Ten-key melodeon at Willie Clancy Week 2010

Post by Ptarmigan »

That really is excellent news Paul ................ & not before time either!

Hope you don't mind if I spread the word & refer folks back to this thread, for more information.

Cheers
Dick
Ptarmigan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Ten-key melodeon at Willie Clancy Week 2010

Post by Ptarmigan »

This looks like the right place to let folks know about this new website.

One Row Melodeon enthusiasts might like to check out this new site, which is dedicated to promoting the One Row Melodeon, its Music & its Players.

The One Row Melodeon

Cheers
Dick