South-African Concertina&Whistle?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Celtpastor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

South-African Concertina&Whistle?

Post by Celtpastor »

...just as the topic says: I am searching for South-African music on Concertina&Whistle, preferred instrumental. I don't mean the "Boerenmusiek", but rather more vivid stuff. What can You recommend? Thx in advance!
Dilige et, quod vis, fac!
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: South-African Concertina&Whistle?

Post by s1m0n »

Using the phrase "squash box" (or squashbox) might make searches more fruitful.

http://www.amazon.com/Squashbox-Sotho-X ... B000AQEEBK
http://www.rootsworld.com/freereed/squashbox.html
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Celtpastor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Celtpastor »

Just to let You know: Finally made it to get the "Squashbox"-CD, even though it's been oop for quite some time. Well - usually, I don't really like fieldrecordings, and also, I haven't been into African music (so far) - but this album is reeeeaaaly GREAT stuff! Strongly recommend it! :thumbsup:
Dilige et, quod vis, fac!
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Celtpastor wrote:Just to let You know: Finally made it to get the "Squashbox"-CD, even though it's been oop for quite some time. Well - usually, I don't really like fieldrecordings, and also, I haven't been into African music (so far) - but this album is reeeeaaaly GREAT stuff! Strongly recommend it! :thumbsup:
Glad it helped.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis