Youtube of Driving Classical LOL Harmonica

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Whistling Archer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Youtube of Driving Classical LOL Harmonica

Post by Whistling Archer »

You just cant play whistle while driving,, well I cant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47HNi6SfsJM

Steve
http://www.youtube.com/user/sjeter61
My tunes , if you're interested
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Youtube of Driving Classical LOL Harmonica

Post by MTGuru »

If you're not careful there, Steve, you're going to need some extra protection by Jesu while behind the wheel. :lol:

The most I've ever tried is a shaky egg ...
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Whistling Archer

Yes , I ve been told similiar things in the past,,, But I think it actually improves my driving, the deeper breathing relaxes me, and Im not in such a hurry to get to this place & that.
I considered a tabor pipe for this app. but a rearend collision would be a bit bad :D
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

The guy is even the person who is doing the recording. I hope they post his video when he wipes out and I hope he has his "pleading for mercy" speech prepared for his sentencing hearing.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I apologise for this in advance but I wish to administer a severe bollocking here. I think that celebrating the playing of an instrument whilst driving is totally irresponsible. I could regale you with the gory details of how a bloke who was not concentrating fully on his driving nearly wiped out my wife, with the lasting physical and emotional effects on both of us, etc., but I'll just leave it at that. Irresponsible and unfunny. And you don't even know the tune. :evil:
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Whistling Archer

I will handle this by pm,
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

There's nothing to handle. I said what I thought of your publicly-posted video. No more to say really.

Azalin

Post by Azalin »

When I started playing whistle I was really intense and would practice every possible second I could. In my car, I would practice at red lights and in heavy traffic when you're barely going forward, I'd practice while steering the wheel with my knee. But as soon as speed got over 5km/h I'd stop playing of course. The thing is, even that was still a bit risky, because if someone hits you from behind for example, just the fact that you were "distracted" might make you partly responsible, even if you're not.
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

We've probably, most of us, done dodgy things at the wheel. Crunching an apple, unwrapping sweets, fumbling with CDs, lighting a ciggie, shouting at the kids in the back and the rest. We're only human. But thinking you're so bloody good at driving that you can play an instrument at the same time... You don't talk to people whilst playing in a gig, you don't consult the bank manager on the phone whilst drilling into concrete. To quote a friend of mine who's a much better musician than I'll ever be, driving is a gig unto itself. Screw up because you're not concentrating and it'll likely be someone else and that someone else's family who will suffer. If I ever hurt someone in a car crash and it's my fault I would want to live with the fact that I'm a human being who fails sometimes, not with the fact that I was complete prat who was totally reckless as to everyone else's well-being.

Whistling Archer

Steve , I guess you got my pm. I dont have a problem with you disagreeing with me or anything I do.
My problem is this. There have been a few times you metaphorically "poked your finger in my chest" I dont go around doing that to others & I do not care for others doing that to me. I think it may have something to do with the Im a Christian & you are a athiest.
I gave my " opinion about what harp & tried to help a newbie< and you unpolitely shot down everything I said. Thats fine , but dont be rude to me ,, when I am not rude to you.
I do not know how things are where you live , but we dont do that around here, unless we are trying to provoke a confrontation. I understand it may be different where you live.

I do not play ," and yes It is with 1 hand." When my total concentration needs to be on the road. I have a family I dont want to leave yet,,, and certainly dont want to hurt others. My wife isnt crazy about me playing & driving, so I DO see your point ,,,, thats while I took the video down.

Azalin ,, you are right , about looking guilty even if your not,,, another reason I took vid down.
I WOULD NOT have taken this post public, but a pm wasnt6 replied to ,,, and I feel I needed to straighten it out.
I want to be at peace with all people I can ,, and the Bible says " do not return insult with insult" , dang thats hard some time. Im kinda new at it.

Last bit , Steve , you said I didnt know the song , you may be right . I was just doing the best version of it I could. All of us folk on here arent pros , but its fun to put your music stuff out.
I am ready to start over with you ,, and you show me respect due a human , and I will show you respect as a human.
I thought about just leaving, because I didnt want to be un Christian , and say inappropriate words,

But hopefully I have handled this ok , I am not eloquent & I am a recovering hooligan , whose first thought is to get mad , thats wrong

Steve
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

I wouldn't worry about it, Steve. After a few years "knowing" Steve (Shaw) online, I think he just says what he thinks upfront, with no ill intention. It can appear rude to some, but with the internet, it's hard to interpret what people say, unlike when you're face to face in a real pub. I think he's the type of guy who'll site with you, tell you seriously how of an arse you've been about somehting, and then happily keep on drinking pints with you with what he had to say out of the way.

About the driving and playing, well, I've seen much worse. Here in Quebec, a few months ago, a dad sent a video of his 6-8 years old son driving a car by himself, with the mother and some very young children in the back... the dad says he's "proud" of his son for being so proud. Of course, there was a police investigation and the proud dad removed the video. We all do stupid sh*t, and what counts is what me make of it once we realize it, in my opinion anyway. I just think you didn't realize the implication but from now on you'll know better. That's all, I don't see this as a huge issue and you should'nt feel bad about this, with all the crazy stuff happening around (babies getting their head banged on a sidewalk for example!) this seems so unimportant to me.

Well, that was my yearly attempt at trying to sound wise, now going back to my normal immature behaviour :-)
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

I don't remember poking my finger in your chest or anything like that. If you say so. But this has nowt to do with it. It matters not who posted that offending video. It could have been Donald Duck, George Bush, Jack the Ripper or Mother Theresa for all I care. I would have said exactly the same thing. Playing an instrument whilst driving a car is sheer, irresponsible foolery. That's my view, the post invited it and I'm sticking to it! :) Peace!

Whistling Archer

Wow!! way to miss the point,, the point is your attitude, I gonna figure you are just a grumpy guy, who doesnt mind being so.
Have a good life :D
Steve
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

The only problem with Steve (Shaw) is that he's a harmonica player. But I'm about to get one myself, so I need to play nice 8)
Whistling Archer

Azalin wrote:The only problem with Steve (Shaw) is that he's a harmonica player. But I'm about to get one myself, so I need to play nice 8)
You will have fun with it. whether its a hohner , oskar or whatever. I even have 1 of those bubble gum plastic hohners I play sometimes. Its all fun, irish, old time, folkey, whatever.
Just have fun. I think it takes much more talent to play the whistle,,, I guess that why Im playing harp more lately :(