Looking for a c#/d button accordian

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
sippriver

Looking for a c#/d button accordian

Post by sippriver »

Hi, looking for a c#/d button accordian suitable for a beginner. If anybody has something suitable you can contact me at bronie.rozenas@masoneilan.com.

thank you
sippriver

Re: Looking for a c#/d button accordian

Post by sippriver »

ok, so maybe a b/c box will also do....
Don Roberts
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Don Roberts »

you might check buttonbox.com, they usually have used boxes from time to time. Also check the prices on new boxes at Irishdancemaster.com.
Good Luck
America Dammit
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

You're unlikely to get much that's worth having for much less than the price of a new Dancemaster. I've not tried a one but I've read a number of enthusiastic reports by people who have bought them as a first instrument.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

StevieJ wrote:You're unlikely to get much that's worth having for much less than the price of a new Dancemaster. I've not tried a one but I've read a number of enthusiastic reports by people who have bought them as a first instrument.
Yes, I had a chance to try a C#/D Dancemaster briefly at a session a few months ago. A bit slow to speak compared to my Saltarelle. But all in all, a very playable and decent sounding instrument IMO.

Of course, I was playing B/C on a C#/D, and for some reason no one seemed eager to join in on my D tunes in E. :-)
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
bluzdulcimer

Post by bluzdulcimer »

I don't know how Weltmeister compares to Dancemaster, but I've
been playing a Weltmeister 406 in C#/D and it's certainly suitable for a beginner. The 406 is one of Weltmeister's cheaper button
models. It doesn't respond as fast as the more expensive Italian
accordions, but is good enough I think to learn the basics without costing too much.
Mr.Nate
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mr.Nate »

I've owned two Dancemasters. A B/C and a C#D. My first one only cost 575$ with the lowest priced Italian reeds. I wish you could still get one for that price, but I still think they are worth what he charges.

The reason I would buy a Dancemaster is because they are hand made (from various parts) by Michael. Custom to your specs. The accordion will come in tune and you can send it back to be re-tuned for up to a year or two (?) for a checkup. Michael is very knowledgable about different types of reeds and is a dedicated accordion player who really cares about his craft.

I got both of mine with dry tuning because I wanted a clear, violin kind of sound. If you get a Weltmeister the tuning is going to be pretty wet, if that's the sound you are looking for.

Michael can also overhaul your old Hohner Erica with a new fingerboard, and Italian reeds for about 900$ (not sure of the exact price)

BTW an Erica is the same basic accordion as a Double Ray (black dot)
Whistling in the Rockies!!
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »