"Sticky" beginner advice pages?? FAQ? maybe Youtube clips?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
boyd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

"Sticky" beginner advice pages?? FAQ? maybe Youtube clips?

Post by boyd »

Hi Everyone here, and Greetings to all from an Uilleann piper.

Just a wee thought here, came to me after a wee nosey on your forum, feel free to shoot it down in flames:

How would it be to have a sticky page or two on the instruments you discuss?
Advice for those new to the forum, and esp advice to those that surf in thinking "what key instrument, what're the best makes, the middle grade makes, whats a good beginner instrument, what teaching aids or teachers should I look for (and where)?
All those sorts of questions and answers that would be helpful to those that know less than you, but are thinking of following in your footsteps perhaps.

Similar pages exist on the other fora on this site ..... have a wee schuftie at them and see what you think.

I bet there's somebody here altruistic enough to write a bit to start it off, and then others will fill in a bit here and there.

Ok....I shall now scuttle off to the pipey pages again before you chase me :-)

Boyd

....nobody said this would be easy......

Jimbaab
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: "Sticky" beginner advice pages?? FAQ? maybe Youtube clips?

Post by Jimbaab »

Using your thread Boyd, I wonder what concertina, concertina players would use Scottish and Irish tunes as well as accompaying songs with molody and or chords?
Is Hohner a decent make?
Cheers
James
I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?