C#/D Hohner FS (Sold)

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
RickC.

C#/D Hohner FS (Sold)

Post by RickC. »

Like new (not a mark on it)- great sounding, easy-playing box.

Has had the following things done to it:

1. Stock plastic fingerboard replaced with wooden one with a thumb groove- HUGE improvement. This was done by Michael at Irish Dancemaster Accordions.

2. Tuning dried out to swing.

3. Keys blocked with felt

4. Thirds stopped in the basses.

These changes make this Double Ray able to play serious Irish music, which can be difficult with a stock Hohner. After years of playing Saltarelles I developed a problem with arthritis in my fingers, and I bought this box to have an easier-playing instrument that could still hold its own in sessions. This one does fit that bill, but sadly, I've reached the point where playing box is no longer a pain-free option no matter what I do. So it's time for me to get out of the box playing business altogether and concentrate on other things. I've enjoyed it in the sessions I've played it in, and my old bandmates have commented they like the sound of this better than the last Bouebe I owned. That's all in the ear of the beholder I guess, but this little Hohner can hang with the best of them, and is a lot less work to play than most of them.

With it comes a Weltmiester soft case and some very serious black leather padded straps which have not been sweated on, etc.-- there's been very little playing time on this box.

PM me and I can send you an MP3 or two from the only gig it was ever played at, this past St. Pat's Day.

$900, shipped and insured to 48 states. That's cheaper than new ones are selling for now, and you'd still have to get a new one tuned and modified to be able to play them seriously-- this one already has that, and case and straps.

Thanks,

Rick
bepoq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

Re: C#/D Hohner FS

Post by bepoq »

Very interested in your wee hohner. Going to try selling a flute to afford it, or might just be able to squeeze out the funds. Back in touch shortly or send me an email at bepoq1@gmail.com.

All the best,

Ben
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here
RickC.

Re: C#/D Hohner FS

Post by RickC. »

Sold, pending funds, thanks.

(I don't see an edit button or I'd modify the topic).
Denny
antispam: No

Re: C#/D Hohner FS (Sold)

Post by Denny »

the edit has a 3 day life span

new feature with release 3 of the BB