note from Bob Tedrow

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Bob Tedrow

note from Bob Tedrow

Post by Bob Tedrow »

I am "twitter-building" a concertina in (sort of) real time:

http://twitter.com/HomewoodMusic

Follow along if you like.

Bob Tedrow
Fergus
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: note from Bob Tedrow

Post by Fergus »

I'm following that with a great interest & saving everything in a pdf. Very beatiful instruments you make!
I did the same with Wim Wakker's at Concertina Connection and it's funny how different are methods to achieve the same instrument

Anyway, I prefer your method... always liked more good craftmanship that machines!

Cheers,

Fer
Ciarameddaru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ciarameddaru »

Very cool Bob! I now have a new appreciation for this little instrument and understand why a good one demands such a high price. I just read through the first 7 installments and am looking forward to the next one. I'm impressed that you had to teach a lot of the process to yourself. It certainly looks like you got the hang of it now. You are a true craftsman.
Zampogna: The Soul of Southern Italy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pa4W7iA5So
projektio28
antispam: No

Post by projektio28 »

Very informative and amazing to see a workshop producing such marvelous instruments! I am sure to catch the concertina bug sooner or later, I will definitely be in touch... :D

Matt
"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise." - J.R.R. Tolkien