Beginner Concertina book

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
razzmaster
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Beginner Concertina book

Post by razzmaster »

Hi all.

I'm looking for a suggestions for a beginner concertina tutorial book. A friend of mine used to play button accordian as a young girl and was recently given an concertina. She is a classical musician by profession, so she would be able to figure out the theory aspects pretty well on her own (i.e. she doesn't need a TOTAL dummy book). Any suggestions on a good tutor?

Thanks!
Liam
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been playing Irish music for years, now I want to learn more about whistles to help teach my kids. Currently I play the Anglo Concertina and B/C accordion.

Re: Beginner Concertina book

Post by Liam »

razzmaster wrote:Hi all.

I'm looking for a suggestions for a beginner concertina tutorial book. A friend of mine used to play button accordian as a young girl and was recently given an concertina. She is a classical musician by profession, so she would be able to figure out the theory aspects pretty well on her own (i.e. she doesn't need a TOTAL dummy book). Any suggestions on a good tutor?

Thanks!
I hate to do this to you, but do you know what sort of concertina it is? There are a number of different types of concertina (Anglo, English, three different types of Duet... then we get to Bandeons and Chetzimer.. ).

A good resource will be concertina.net. Anglo, English and Duets frequent that site and will probably be able to give you the best answer possible.

--
Bill