funny taste to my wood harmonica

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
daiv
antispam: No

Re: funny taste to my wood harmonica

Post by daiv »

mutepointe wrote:Hey daiv, your point about the concertina was funny. At Christmas a couple of years ago, I received an ancient Bashtari concertina that was in horrible shape. It was covered in dust that looked like felt and must have sat on a smoker's bookshelf for decades at it was covered with a layer of yellow tar and smelled like a finely aged ashtray. In the first months that I owned the thing, I took that thing apart a 100 times to clean it, repair it, and because it kept jamming. It works fine now for what I play on it.

The quick rinse was enough to solve the taste of the harmonica problem.
haha, concertinas are just like that. no matter what concertina you get--even top of the line--you should expect to take it apart very often. i'm just waiting for someone to make quick-release end plates, so that you could pop off the ends in 5 seconds flat.

i'm glad your harmonica no longer has a bad taste!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: funny taste to my wood harmonica

Post by mutepointe »

I kept saying, "I wish there were wing tip washers on this thing." every time I took the thing apart. I haven't had this problem for months and months now. I play slow though and easy so maybe that is preventing the need to dismantle. Do you mean to tell me this is a 100+ year old problem and nobody has bothered making life easier? There is perfectly good hardware readily available out there to resolve this problem.

(I have the opposite of "functional fixedness. I have no clue what things are actually used for but I could tell you what they could be used for.)
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦