FS: Possible Crabb/Jeffries concertina

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Possible Crabb/Jeffries concertina

Post by Azalin »

Hello,

I am selling my vintage concertina to finance my newly received Dipper. It's on ebay.

As I said on concertina.net, I'm open to private offers but won't be cancelling the auction once there's a bid on it. Since I'm starting high, I don't expect a bid very early.
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

A very nice-looking, great-sounding and thoroughly reconditioned tina for someone looking for that vintage "real-concertina-reeded" sound (and not likely to receive a new Dipper any time soon :P ).
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Steve, you're describing 99% of accordeon-reeded concertina players :-)
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Well I'm accordion-reeded myself (three per note 8) ).

Hmm, doing a quick calculation I think I probably have 162 reeds in the treble side of my box (27 buttons x 3 voices x 2 directions) and another 96 on the bass side (12 buttons x 4 voices x 2 directions) for a total of 254. At the price I paid for the accordion this works out to about Cdn $10 per top-quality (tipo a mano) accordion reed.

That yoke you're advertising on eBay has 60 reeds, yes? Which means that you are looking to get almost Cdn $110 per reed, and hopefully more. Leaving Dippers out of the calculation :devil: - those concertina reeds must be something special. :poke:

PS About time you changed your avatar to something more colourful!
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

So what you;re telling me is that accordion reeds are pretty much worthless? Allright, it's noted ;-)

Good point about the avatar, some dark-orange would lighten up the sky...