For Sale - Wakker AMC-30 Wireless MIDI Concertina

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

For Sale - Wakker AMC-30 Wireless MIDI Concertina

Post by eskin »

Too many instruments, not enough time!

I bought this less than a year ago, it really is an amazing wireless controller. Feels like an acoustic instrument because, well, it is essentially internally an acoustic instrument with no reeds.

I made two modifications that were recommended by Wim Wakker to have it respond more like my acoustic instruments:

1) Disabled the MIDI "All Notes Off" message sent when pressing the air button. This is done just by bending the contact for the button so it doesn't close the circuit when pressing the button.

2) Removed the small foam air-restriction inserts in the reed pan so it would feel even more like my acoustic instruments. I found the default configuration with them in place a bit too restrictive, like to feel some air going through the instrument.

Its as new, played really only a few hours. I do very occasionally have to open it up to clean or adjust a contact or two to insure no switch bounce, but its extremely simple to do, the design is very elegant. Each button lever is one side of a switch, the other is a small "L" post that makes contact with the lever when the button is pressed. Its important that there be a solid clean contact between the two to insure there is no switch bounce.

It's just a two-channel MIDI controller, not a sound module. Puts out MIDI note on/off messages and volume control (correlates to bellows pressure), so you need to plug it into a hardware synth module or software synth on a PC to produce sound.

Here's photos of my system (the infamous Frankenstina), note that just the concertina and its controller are for sale, not the laptop and MBOX2:

http://www.pbase.com/eskin/frankenstina

Full info on the Wakker site at:

http://www.concertinaconnection.com/wakker%20midi.htm

As you can see, it has all sorts of options for keyboard layout, transposition, etc. I'm crazy for selling it!

New price is $3750, I'm asking $3250 plus insured shipping for mine.

Please email if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Michael
eskin@cox.net
Last edited by eskin on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

If only it was self-contained like the Streb e-melodeon; I'd snap it up!
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

Dropping the price to $3000.00 to help fund some badly needed household maintenance work..