Brock McGuire Band

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Jenny
antispam: No

Brock McGuire Band

Post by Jenny »

I just have to let off a little enthusiasm after the wonderful concert last night in Columbia, MO. Despite the bad weather and poor road conditions, the Brock McGuire Band made it into town and warmed up the evening for all who made it to the show. Wow, all the musicians were great. Paul Brock was amazing to watch. His fingers flew around the buttons. He has a way of accenting notes that reminds me of Jackie Daly. Even hubby commented that he liked the way Mr Brock played his accordion & melodion. Manus McGuire was superb on fiddle, Enda Scahill played a mean banjo and mandolin, and Dennis Carey played a couple of lovely compositions of his own on the piano. Many of the tunes they played were from the turn of the 20th century, from Irish immigrants to New York. It was good to know the history of these tunes. No better way to spend a Friday evening.

A bit off topic, but I was cheered to see at the concert a 14 yr. old girl who has been in my weaving classes for the past 5 years. She wasn't dragged there by her parents but came with another young girl. 80% of the music I play in classes is traditional Irish & Scottish, so maybe she's been indoctrinated at a tender age. Weaving and Trad. Irish music, doesn't bode well for her ... :wink:

Jenny
Tae the weaver gin ye go.
dlovrien
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dlovrien »

I just saw them this past weekend at the North Texas Irish Festival. Wonderful group. And as if that wasn't enough, they were followed immediately (on the same stage) by the David Munnelly Band! Talk about a one-two punch!
David Lovrien - 5 Second Rule & Trinity Hall Session Players - Dallas, TX