I'm new and I need some pointers

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Tootler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Tootler »

robbie wrote:I've never played any other concertina before, but this one seems to be great. I realley can't imagine it being any better. its got a great sound. all the buttons are in perfect working order, bellows are not overly stiff or loose. I enjoy playing it although it is very different from any other instrament I have played before. It came with a great learning book and a carrying case. I will be travelling alot in the next 2 years and I think this will be a great addition to my pennywhistles as light travelling instaments.
Welcome to the world of the concertina. If you want to find out more, go to concertina.net. The Rochelle has had a very good write up there, but you will find yourself wanting to upgrade sooner than you think

Been there, though I started with a 2nd hand Hohner off eBay as the Rochelle was not in production at the time.

Geoff

Geoff
KBR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

newbie question

Post by KBR »

Ro3b wrote

If Irish music on the concertina is what you want to play, you'll need a 30-button C/G anglo.

My question is, if the concertina plays in C/G, how do you play in the key of D without a C#? :-? kbr
"ain't no other place 'round dis place, like dis
place so...dis must be de place...."
Sammy Ray
hyldemoer

Re: newbie question

Post by hyldemoer »

KBR wrote: My question is, if the concertina plays in C/G, how do you play in the key of D without a C#? :-? kbr
The C# is on the third row of a 30-button C/G Anglo.