9-11 March 2007 SouthEast Tionol

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
maze
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

9-11 March 2007 SouthEast Tionol

Post by maze »

Instructor Update as they come in!!

Concertina - Tim Collins
Button Accordian - Hilary Farrington
Uilleann Pipes - Benedict Koehler and Michael Cooney
Reed Workshop - Joseph Smith

Soon to announce upon final confirmation Fiddle and Flute

Registration will soon open, so mark your calendars!!

Okay, after discussion with other members of the SE pipers club this past weekend and via email leading up to it, the 2007 SE Tionol returns to its birthplace in Florida!!!!! I am taking it back on now that I am somewhat less fettered with an unapproving spouse (bitter, no!!! not me) and plans are in the works.

March 9-11 is the time, and the place will once again be in Gainesville, FL... close to too many family attractions and outdoorsy activities to mention at this time. Now that we are under original management (with hopefull tionol momma Kathleen on board) and madness, thorough plans, documentation, and registration packets will be more thorough and clear than ever before!

Plan ahead for the spring... when you are snowed in up there in the cold white north, it will be perfect Irish Trad weather here with humidity around 60%, and temperatures to match in the low 70's - 80's. I have been informally been talking to folks here and there over the past year or so about possibly coming down, so while final commitments are not yet made due to time, this has the making of the best year yet!!

Stay tuned for more announcements here, and feel free to email me at maze@ufl.edu for questions, thoughts, or especially early proclamations of interest. This year will be more of the scale of the expertly run SE Tionol of 2006 rather than the giant of past Florida Tionol years... so as enrollment picks up, more instructors will be added.

At this point, we are beginning to confirm instruction in the following instruments: pipes (of course), flute, fiddle, squeeze box (concertina or box or both) and whistle.

Thanks for your time!!! whoo hoo!!! and yes, Florida beat Tennessee by one point!!!!
Last edited by maze on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maze

Bounce!

Post by maze »

HEAR YOU MISSED US... WE'RE BAAAACK!!!

First piping instructor confirmed: Maestro Michael Cooney!!! Will be calling the rest today and this week.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES AS MORE DETAILS ARE CONFIRMED.

Okay, after discussion with other members of the SE pipers club this past weekend and via email leading up to it, the 2007 SE Tionol returns to its birthplace in Florida!!!!! I am taking it back on now that I am somewhat less fettered with an unapproving spouse (bitter, no!!! not me) and plans are in the works.

April 6-8 is the time, and the place will once again be in Gainesville, FL... close to too many family attractions and outdoorsy activities to mention at this time. Now that we are under original management (with hopefull tionol momma Kathleen on board) and madness, thorough plans, documentation, and registration packets will be more thorough and clear than ever before!

Plan ahead for the spring... when you are snowed in up there in the cold white north, it will be perfect Irish Trad weather here with humidity around 60%, and temperatures to match in the low 70's - 80's. I have been informally been talking to folks here and there over the past year or so about possibly coming down, so while final commitments are not yet made due to time, this has the making of the best year yet!!

Stay tuned for more announcements here, and feel free to email me at maze@ufl.edu for questions, thoughts, or especially early proclamations of interest. This year will be more of the scale of the expertly run SE Tionol of 2006 rather than the giant of past Florida Tionol years... so as enrollment picks up, more instructors will be added.

At this point, we are beginning to confirm instruction in the following instruments: pipes (of course), flute, fiddle, squeeze box (concertina or box or both) and whistle.

Thanks for your time!!! whoo hoo!!! and yes, Florida beat Tennessee by one point!!!!
Maze
http://www.myspace.com/antriur
First CD release "Three People" now available at cdbaby.com... support your local piper, buy a cd
maze

new instructors!!

Post by maze »

bounce
Maze
http://www.myspace.com/antriur
First CD release "Three People" now available at cdbaby.com... support your local piper, buy a cd