(new mini-accordeon)bellows repair / replacement suggestions

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

StevieJ wrote: Out of interest, why are you thinking of a second C-nat on the push of your middle button?

Steve
F-natural, G#, and C-natural are about the only 'extra' notes I ever need, so I didn't have a 4th accidental I really wanted on that button. I figure it will be easy to remember to hit the small middle button whenever I want a C-nat and not have to worry about bellows direction.

Giustozzi is one of the places I contacted too. Let me know what they told you... I was interested in their 11/A model. I like the look of this one (it's has 2 reeds/note), although, the 2nd row of three buttons are really small.

-Brett
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Brett,

Sorry to be a little slow in responding. Below is the very courteous email I received from Giustozzi. I think I was asking about rather more substantial models than the one you mention. They wrote in Italian, but that was because I attempted to do so myself. I'm sure they can handle English correspondence.

The bottom line:
Yes, you can buy direct from the factory
89/A: Euro 730 including decorations. Black only.
765/A major/minor: Euro 880 including decorations. White or red.
Another major minor model is the 785/A at Euro 990,00 incl. decorations.
Without decorations: subtract Euro 100.
Shipping to Canada: a little over Euro 100.
We can supply these models with hand-made type reeds or hand-made reeds. In Canada the Binci hand-made type are much appreciated. If you like I can send you the extra cost for these reeds.
On the subject of your two C nats, I agree you have the main accidentals covered but an extra C nat on the push doesn't strike me as very useful, based on my experience with C#/D. An extra D on the pull would be very handy, mainly for tunes in G, but you haven't space for that. I think I'd be inclined to go with an extra C# on the push, as on a C#/D box, to give you a little more flexibility in phrasing tunes in D.

Steve
Giustozzi wrote: Gentile Signor Stephen,

Si è possibile comprare direttamente in fabbrica.

Qui di seguito Le mando anche il preventivo dei prezzi che Le interessano:

- Organetto modello 89/A prezzo a Lei riservato Euro 730,00 inclusa la decorazione a perline e l'astuccio.Questo modello è disponibile attualmente nel colore nero.

- Organetto modello 765/A Maggiore e Minore prezzo a Lei riservato Euro 880,00 inclusa la decorazione e l'astuccio.Questo modello è attualmente disponibile nei colori bianco o rosso.

Le suggerisco inoltre un altro modello sempre Maggiore e Minore e cioè il modello 785/A per il quale il prezzo a Lei riservato è di Euro 990,00 inclusa la decorazione a perline e l'astuccio.

Se non Le piace la decorazione possiamo fornire gli organetti senza ( con un risparmio di Euro 100,00)

Inoltre, se lo preferisce, potremmo fornire lo strumento con Voci Tipo A Mano e Voci A Mano ( in Canada sono molto apprezzate le voci A Mano Binci). Se è interessato le farò il preventivo del costo extra per questi tipi di voci.

A questi prezzi va aggiunto il costo per la spedizione che per il Canada è poco superiore ai 100,00 Euro.

Cordiali saluti e complimenti per il Suo italiano!
Giampiero Giustozzi