F is for fun

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fatmac
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

F is for fun

Post by fatmac »

Having acquired a nice selection of whistles in a short space of time, (from C down to low D), I find that I tend to pick up one of my original Generation high F's when I just want to have a bit of fun, & was wondering if anyone else likes to play around on a high F whistle. :poke:
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Re: F is for fun

Post by Polara Pat »

I've been meaning to get one. Maybe you are my motivation. I play my Eb more than anything these days.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I'm at the opposite end, my favourites are Low D, Low C, and the Bass A.

I'm not all that fond of High D whistles, and not at all fond of the ones smaller than that.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by plunk111 »

I have to add that the F is one of my Favorite Flutes :) (Yeah, I know this is a whistle forum, but...)

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

I was digging around in an old box of things yesterday and found two generation Gs I got for my kids years ago. It was fun, trying to fit my fingers around those teeny tiny holes. I have a high and a low F I bought in order to give myself something to do when a local player starts Catharsis. I never ended up carrying them to sessions, but they've been fun at home.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

plunk111 wrote:I have to add that the F is one of my Favorite Flutes..... :) Pat
I'm intending to add one to my collection very shortly. :D

Since getting my low F whistle, I'm finding that I like the tone/sound & finger spacing more than my low D, which is still a bit of a stretch for me at the moment.

But getting back to the high F whistle - it seems to be perfect to just grab up, put in a pocket, & just have a tootle/practice on wherever I go. :)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

fatmac wrote:... was wondering if anyone else likes to play around on a high F whistle.
I keep a brass Generation F in the kitchen and play it while I'm cooking. It's an older Generation from about 1999 and has a cracked mouthpiece but still plays/sounds great. It actually has a more pleasant sound than many of my high D whistles...very chirpy.

-Brett