Original Borel Accordina in Perfect Condition

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Original Borel Accordina in Perfect Condition

Post by Casey Burns »

Well I never play my Borel Accordina. These are the original thing manufactured in the 1950s by Borel himself and marketed under Buescher. These are smaller in cross section and lighter in weight than all of the other modern made Accordinas such as by Dreux. These are also the only ones that have the swiveling side plates that help produce a wah-wah effect. These also have Brass reeds, recently cleaned and rewaxed by Michael Arralde in Kent WA. These have a slightly more harmonica-y sound but are also much more responsive than the Binchi stainless reeds used in the ones made today. Much much more sensitive. The leather strap and the water key could use some servicing which I will get around to. Comes with the original case. I am asking $1500 plus insured shipping for it firm. This is about what I have into it and what the new ones cost. There were a few that went for much cheaper recently but I have found that any free reed instrument purchased on eBay or Craigslist is going to require 2X - 10X its purchase cost to be restored to full playability. This one has had all of that done and it was a hardly played English specimen that I purchased from Tony Bingham for $980. PM or email me if interested and we'll talk.

Casey Burns
Mudchutney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm an accordion player, I love playing Irish music. I also run a shop called Mudchutney selling folk music themed clothing, go take a look, I think it's brilliant! I'm registering because I love all things folky and music related so want to share the love, and read more and more about this kind of stuff. Is that enough? Feels weird writing like this...kind of like trying to be a real person, which obviously I am, but you don't know that.

Re: Original Borel Accordina in Perfect Condition

Post by Mudchutney »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Hi,
I appreciate this post was a long time ago...but is it still for sale? I've always wanted an accordina. Is it C system or B system?
Ben
Instruments: Saltarelle Bourroche CBA (C system)
Music: mainly Irish, but also some Scottish / English / French
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Original Borel Accordina in Perfect Condition

Post by Casey Burns »

Sold