Anyone have any experience with Easttop Paddy Harmonicas?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Liam
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been playing Irish music for years, now I want to learn more about whistles to help teach my kids. Currently I play the Anglo Concertina and B/C accordion.

Anyone have any experience with Easttop Paddy Harmonicas?

Post by Liam »

So, I was browsing some harmonica sites the other day when I found that a Chinese company, Easttop is making Paddy Richter tuned harmonicas and selling them for under $20. Normally I would have completely ignored this since so many Chinese branded harmonicas are not very good. But then I found out that Brendan Power teamed up with them to make his Lucky 13 harp and their standard diatonics seem to be gaining a reputation in the Blues Harp community as serious bargains. I have never really tried Paddy Richter because the Seydel Harps are relatively expensive, and Brendan Powers are as well, and I never relished the idea of risking a $30-50 harmonica with trying to do it myself.

In any case, does anyone here have any experience with them?

--
Bill
Crawforde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in Scottish and ITM.
My main instrument is the harmonica, but I just ordered a whistle to start that too.

Re: Anyone have any experience with Easttop Paddy Harmonicas

Post by Crawforde »

[Thread revival - Mod]

I have an Easttop Paddy Richter in G. It’s a nice harmonica, much better than expected given the price.
You can also get Easttop Lucky13 double Paddy Richter Harmonicas for about the price of a Seydel Paddy Richter. On those the first three holes are repeated an octave lower than normal.