DanceMaster Accordions

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
cathal morley

DanceMaster Accordions

Post by cathal morley »

Just had to put in an unsolicited good word for Michael Usui of Dancemaster Accordions in Bradenton, Florida USA. He is a patient and masterful reed expert. Just had new reeds put in by little Bouebe (Bincis) and the old girl sounds like a million dollars! Michael is also purveyor of his own line of button boxes which are the best kept secret of the squeezebox world.
Trust this man with your reedwork, repairs or buy a box from him. He's great.
NB: Not a relative - wish I were.
Jenny
antispam: No

Re: DanceMaster Accordions

Post by Jenny »

I couldn't resist adding to your praise for Michael. I bought my Dancemaster C#/D from him after several long phone conversations about what I wanted in an accordion. He was indeed very patient and forthcoming, and refused to sell me anything until I'd done more research and listened to recordings of artists I liked best. As a complete novice to buttonboxes, I appreciated his helpfulness and I am most satisfied with my accordion.
Tae the weaver gin ye go.
Stuporman
antispam: No

Post by Stuporman »

I bought a Sarasota B/C box for my wife from Michael last year. It's a simple and light box with hand made reeds. It's been to a few festivals and has been played by good and great box players. Not a single person who has played it hasn't been amazed at how good it is, and been more amazed at learning how inexpensive it is for such quality. Michael is extremely knowledgable and happy to discuss anything about accordions, Irish music and set dancing. If you consider that these accordions are custom made and tuned after getting advice directly from the maker, and then you consider the price, there's no competition in this class.
tedrick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by tedrick »

I purchased my dancemaster from a guy locally up here in Minnesota - I have been very happy with my dancemaster - Michael is a genius when it comes to tuning and reeds.

He is also very helpful in the research/studying phase of buying a box - he is very willing to help and provide insight.

I have a few vids out on youtube if anyone is interested in hearing what a dancemaster sounds like.

Ted

http://www.youtube.com/tedrickenator
Accordionly yours,
Tedrick Schmenke