Castagnari or Saltarelle?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Luigi diatonic
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I want to register for your site. I play the diatonic accord and I need a lot of information. I also play other musical instruments such as double bass, electric bass and mandolin.

Castagnari or Saltarelle?

Post by Luigi diatonic »

I want to buy a diatonic accordion, 18 bass and 3 rows, to play popular repertoire (tarantella, pizzica). Which do you recommend between: castagnari and saltarelle?
Thank you
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Re: Castagnari or Saltarelle?

Post by StevieJ »

Ciao Luigi.

I think a better place to ask this question would be on the melodeon.net forum. There are people interested in 18-bass accordions there. http://forum.melodeon.net/

Steve
Mudchutney
Tell us something.: I'm an accordion player, I love playing Irish music. I also run a shop called Mudchutney selling folk music themed clothing, go take a look, I think it's brilliant! I'm registering because I love all things folky and music related so want to share the love, and read more and more about this kind of stuff. Is that enough? Feels weird writing like this...kind of like trying to be a real person, which obviously I am, but you don't know that.

Re: Castagnari or Saltarelle?

Post by Mudchutney »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

It's all down to personal preference, it's like asking someone whether to buy a BMW or an Audi. Horses for courses.
I'd suggest trying both, and you'll know within seconds which one "feels" right.
And yes, try melodeon.net and you'll probably find about 50% of people recommend each brand! (I prefer Saltarelle for what it's worth)
Instruments: Saltarelle Bourroche CBA (C system)
Music: mainly Irish, but also some Scottish / English / French