skype lessons avail-fiddle/backing tunes/flute/whistle/mando

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
brad maloney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

skype lessons avail-fiddle/backing tunes/flute/whistle/mando

Post by brad maloney »

My background is in traditional Irish music, I studied music theory and composition and have been involved in various folk, rock and blues projects over the years. I have recently started to take on students, both beginners as well as advanced fiddlers from other genres who want to learn more about Irish fiddling and the various regional styles.

I also take on beginners who are focused in any other style, I believe a firm foundation is the starting point to any musical path.

I teach mostly by ear, but find sheet music a useful tool - I can and have used both Peter Cooper's and Matt Cranitch's books as guides with students.

In addition to fiddle, I also play and provide lessons for Irish music on the following instruments: wooden/Irish flute, tinwhistle, mandolin, tenor banjo and backing tunes on guitar in standard, dropped D and DADGAD and octave 'mandoids' such as bouzouki, octave mandolin, cittern etc.

I also an accomplished blues fingerstyle picker and provide guitar lessons focused on fingerstyle. I teach the music of Rev Gary Davis, Mississippi John Hurt and Elizabeth Cotton as well as some of the British folk players like Bert Jansch, John Renbourn, Davey Graham and others.

*****PRICING******
I also offer package lesson pricing
A month of weekly lessons via Skype available for $75
A month of weekly lessons in person available for $130
reduced pricing available for students

contact me at heavy fiddle at hotmail dot com
all one word... no spaces
Play Happy
Mixmo
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: skype lessons avail-fiddle/backing tunes/flute/whistle/mando