Irish Flute and Whistle Lessons on Skype

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Phillip Rolfes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Irish Flute and Whistle Lessons on Skype

Post by Phillip Rolfes »

To anyone who's interested; I'm now offering Irish flute and whistle lessons via Skype. If you are interested in lessons please contact me at irishfluteobsession@gmail.com .

For a bit of background: I've been playing Irish flute and whistle for nearly two decades now, and have been teaching for almost as long. At 13 I started teaching at the Riley School of Irish Music in Cincinnati, OH. I taught there until I went off to college five years later. I also had a number of students who sought me out for private lessons apart from the Riley School. All through college I taught flute and whistle to locals on the Ohio side of the Greater Pittsburg area. Upon graduation I moved up to Ann Arbor, MI., where I not only got to play with some fine musicians, but again acquired students. I've also won a number of bronze, silver and gold medals at local Feis competitions as well as the Midwest Fleadh Cheoil.

If you're interested in hearing samples of my playing, check out the videos I've posted on my blog at http://www.irishfluteobsession.blogspot.com, or you can see them on my youtube channel, IrishFluteObession.

Phillip
margaretr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Irish Flute and Whistle Lessons on Skype

Post by margaretr »

I just saw this and wanted to recommend Phil as a teacher; he taught me for a long time when I was younger and I learned so much from him. I am so thankful for his influence on my music. He is an awesome player, a really good teacher and a great guy!

Cheers,
Margaret
bogman

Post by bogman »

Sure is very nice playing in these videos Phillip, good luck with the skype thingy.
Phillip Rolfes

Post by Phillip Rolfes »

margaretr wrote:I just saw this and wanted to recommend Phil as a teacher; he taught me for a long time when I was younger and I learned so much from him. I am so thankful for his influence on my music. He is an awesome player, a really good teacher and a great guy!

Cheers,
Margaret
Margaret!!! Where are you now?
Phillip Rolfes

Post by Phillip Rolfes »

bogman wrote:Sure is very nice playing in these videos Phillip, good luck with the skype thingy.
Thanks, bogman. I do what I can. :)