Recommended flute instructor in Orange County, CA ?

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
MichaelRS
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm interested in the tin whistle as a hobby. I'm here mainly to get information on the playing qualities of various types of whistles.

Recommended flute instructor in Orange County, CA ?

Post by MichaelRS »

In other post (under nonrealted titles) some of you have suggested some flute instructors, or practice session, I might consider for out here in Orang County, California. However, I've looked through some back post and messages and could not find those. So I am making the request here so I can more easily keep track of them under the title of this thred. Plus, it should help some others from my area who who see the title.

For me the ideal instructor would be, very, cost effective and good at working with "slow learners" when it come to musical instruments. Maybe someone with an adeptable teaching method as oppose to a fixed style.
Same for practice sessions. Ones that are very tolerant of bigginers.

If it matters, I plan to start out on a keyless low D. A Tipple to be percise.

Thank you all once again for your help and advice.
MRS
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Recommended flute instructor in Orange County, CA ?

Post by pancelticpiper »

I'm in Orange County, in Tustin.

I've taught flute, whistle, Highland pipes, and uilleann pipes for many years. I used to teach at Lark Camp back in the 80s.

About sessions, the only one really going as far as I know is at The Auld Dubliner in Long Beach, 4 - 7 Sundays (except Super Bowl Sunday!)

No session at The Auld Dubliner at The District, I don't think.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle