button accordion? tin whistle? VA

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
SutorS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

button accordion? tin whistle? VA

Post by SutorS »

Hey all; I am a freshman at James Madison University and I am from New Jersey. My twin brother (bodhran), good friend (guitar), a fiddle player and mandolin player play traiditonal Irish music on and around campus. I play tin whistle, low whistle, and B/C button accordion (though I have a new coming C#/D). My influences are Mary Bergin, Joanie Madden, Tony MacMahon, Joe Cooley and more.
What I'm asking is: Are there any musicians around Harrisonburg, VA, James Madison University, or within an hour of there? My twin brother and I go to the session local to us in Jersey, but we are far away from that. We play daily together, and are always playing in our dorms, but I am craving the experience I am lacking when I am not at Jersey. Though I thoroughly enjoy the talented musicians I play with, I'd love to meet some other musicians out there, learn some new songs, teach some songs, etc. Anyone know of a session near by?
-Sean