Looking for advice from a beginners teacher (penny whistle)

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Beccabrighteyes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Looking for advice from a beginners teacher (penny whistle)

Post by Beccabrighteyes »

I am a beginner on penny whistle but not in music. I play clarinet with my school band. So of course I can read music and even improvise to a certain extent. However what I don't really have is a good ear. So it is hard for me to learn by listening. I have found a few good music sites but there is just so much music I don't know what to start with or even what would be good to start with. I have a Clark D whiste by the way. I am just looking for a few songs that would be good to work on.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, Becca. Welcome to C&F.

You might say hello over at our Whistle Forum with the same questions. They're bound to help you out there. This forum's more for looking for actual teachers, or for announcing one's availability to students. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician