Irish button accordion teachers in Chicagoland area

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Flutester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Flutester »

Hi--I always wanted to learn the Irish style of button accordion and I need any suggestions possible at finding a teacher in the Chicagoland area. I live in a south suburb. For such a large Irish population here it seems very difficult to find teachers of Irish style instruments. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Jim Casey
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

KarenCook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by KarenCook »

Irish button accordion in Chicago??? There are lots of players of this instrument, including John Williams. He is a great multi-instrumentalist!

Recently, the Irish Music School of Chicago began offering lessons taught by Jimmy Considine, a southsider:

http://www.irishmusicschool.com/pages/page3

So don't worry about finding someone, there is always a way...
Flutester

Post by Flutester »

Thanks for the replies. I will try to contact Jimmy Considine and see if he is available for lessons on the south side. The Irish Music School on the north side seems to be targeting young kids primarily for classes and lessons. Great for the kids but not for older players who want to learn a new instrument. I know that there are a lot of Irish style button accordion players here but not too many want to teach. Thanks for your help.
Jim Casey