Denmark - Irish wooden flute teachers/players?

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
dagirlie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Denmark - Irish wooden flute teachers/players?

Post by dagirlie »

Hi,

Denmark isn't the best place in the world to live when it comes to playing the Irish wooden flute.... :(
BUT I´m trying anyways....are there any Irish wooden flute players from Denmark in here? ....I´m searching for someone who can teach me or give me some lessons in how to play the Irish wooden flute...I live on the West Coast of Jylland (Jutland)...but I would be willing to travel a fair bit to get lessons....
I love Irish wooden flutes - I always have...but I´m quite a newbie when it comes to playing one myself....
davidhastie

Teachers in Denmark

Post by davidhastie »

Hi, my name is David Hastie and I've just posted a similar request for a tin whistle and 6-hole wooden flute teacher somewhere within an hour's drive of Kolding.

Are you in Jutland (Jylland) as well and if so, where? Can we meet up and play a few tunes? I posted my request in one of the other usergroups if you want to check.

hope we can meet up and that you don't live too far away.

Cheers

David
Would like to meet people to play with around Kolding, Jutland even Fano. Also looking for a teacher for whistle and 6-hole Irish wooden flute.
ElPollo

Post by ElPollo »

Might as well put up a notice too.

I'm currenly in Odense.

My suggestion to others, would be to pay for a ½ year course at AOF or one of the likes. (Some of them have teachers who take 3-5 students each ½ year, teaching them to play "folk music")