USA, San Diego, CA flute, whistle, bodhran, song teacher

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
bepoq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

USA, San Diego, CA flute, whistle, bodhran, song teacher

Post by bepoq »

Ben Power - performer/teacher on Irish flutes, whistles, bodhran, English language song and sean nos dance. I offer one to one tuition, workshops, group lessons to all ages and abilities. Will travel or teach at home. I have an M.A. in Irish Traditional music from the Universtiy of Limerick. I have taught group and private lessons and lectured at UL, New York University, St. John's University and for the Highland Council (Scotland) as well as at various festivals around the country. I currently play and dance with the Boston/New York based Irish music and dance group Unbeaten Path and the Cathie Ryan Band and will be touring with Solas and Alisdair Frasier at Christmas. References available - samples of playing can be heard at myspace.com/woodenflute. I can be reached at: bepoq1ATgmail.com, through the myspace site or by PM on this board.
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here
bepoq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

Post by bepoq »

Hi all,

I've just completed a move to San Diego (La Jolla actually) and am hoping to get some students and gigs out here if anyone might be interested. As a result, I will only be very intermittently available for lessons back in the North East. I've also decided that if there is enough interest to make it worth everyone's while somewhere, I will gladly drive a fair number of hours to give workshops in the Southwest/West Coast. This because I enjoyed my drive accross country very much.

Best to all,

Ben
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here