It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:58 am 

Hi, everyone...

I will be in Ireland for a little over 2 months this summer... primary purpose is to study the whistle (and flute). I will be attending Willy Clancy school.

I am a new player, have been practicing more on whistle than flute, and I feel that I am doing pretty well.

I can say that I am very determined and absolutely LOVE playing. I can't get enough of it and would play every waking moment of my day if I were able.

I am looking for a teacher, or two, or three (I know it's best to stay with just one, but I will not have that liberty as I will be travelling as well) that might be willing to work with me. I would gladly travel to them, stay in a hostel and work with them for a short while before moving on.

I would love the experience of learning from different teachers and gathering information along the way.

I am not sure if this philosophy will work, but I am hoping it will!

I could use, from you, advice on this theory AND suggestions of your favorite teachers in Ireland. Again, I will gladly go to them as I will be there to experience and see the country as well.

About me: I appreciate patience with question asking (I like to), understanding that I am an artist and am VERY left brained... it's hard for me to process right brain issues regarding music... lamens terms are best for me... I practice A LOT. I am a teacher and feel that I know how to learn well... take criticism and actually enjoy it... So, that's about me...

Suggestions will be really appreciated.
Thank you again, everyone.
Smiles, Jess