Canada, British Columbia, Surrey, Teacher Wanted, Whistle

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Cola
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Canada, British Columbia, Surrey, Teacher Wanted, Whistle

Post by Cola »

Hi, I am looking for a pennywhistle teacher in the Surrey/Vancouver area. I'm willing to travel within the Lower Mainland for lessons. Please email me at journeywild@bluebottle.com if you are interested. Thank you!
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Canada, British Columbia, Surrey, Teacher Wanted, Whistl

Post by s1m0n »

Cola wrote:Hi, I am looking for a pennywhistle teacher in the Surrey/Vancouver area. I'm willing to travel within the Lower Mainland for lessons. Please email me at journeywild@bluebottle.com if you are interested. Thank you!
I'm here in east Van, and I could probably help you get started, although I wouldn't call myself a full-on whistle teacher.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Lightheaded Mike

Post by Lightheaded Mike »

Cola,
Try calling Prussin Music in Vancouver, at Dunbar and Broadway. Ask if Norah is teaching again. One of the finest whistle players I have ever heard, and she's a professional music teacher as well.
Best of luck,
Mike
peterbb

Post by peterbb »

Cola,
Try calling Prussin Music in Vancouver, at Dunbar and Broadway. Ask if Norah is teaching again. One of the finest whistle players I have ever heard, and she's a professional music teacher as well.
Best of luck,
Mike
I took lessons from Norah too (but didn't practice nearly enough). I believe she's in Ireland at present, possibly studying the fiddle.

Try Celtic Woollens (3754 West 10th - about a block from Prussin). Celtic Woolens music school has a session in the Wolf and Hound (next door to Prussin) on Mondays.