RIP Don Van Vliet - Captain Beefheart

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
technowhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I need help transcribing whistle music! My 'by ear' listening and playing isn't all that good. I hope I can find that help here.

RIP Don Van Vliet - Captain Beefheart

Post by technowhistle »

Arguably the inventor of Musical Genre Hybridization: Don Van Vliet died today, he was 69.

For a psychedelic trip you won't forget investigate his life, music, art and work.
I d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶have a beard.

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶e̶!̶
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: RIP Don Van Vliet - Captain Beefheart

Post by Nanohedron »

Here's my favorite quote from the Master: "The largest living land mammal is the absent mind."

I'll bet the first thing he says to Saint Peter is, "Gimme dat harp, boy."
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician