Baroque Jazz

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Baroque Jazz

Post by WyoBadger »

As I write this I am listening to "Too Hot to Handel," a jazz arrangement of Handel's Messiah. Musically it's quite well done, but, well, why tamper with perfection?

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Handel is supposed to have heard the Londonderry air (Danny Boy) and to have said that he'd die happy if only he'd written a melody that beautiful.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis