Spanish/Indian fusion

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Spanish/Indian fusion

Post by fearfaoin »

Talasiga posted this in the Traditional Stringed Instrument Forum, and I though it should also go here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xx7JFOuacU

It's a video of a tune which combines Flamenco Guitar and Indian Sitar.
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xpP2Xi2Pz0

had to think about Mynta a swedish indian fusion band we had come across a couple of years ago, so after seeing the video linked above I gave it a try and was lucky. The tune shown is not as nice as one of their tunes on their album Nandu's Dance called Nandu's dance which we really liked and made it getting into their music, but there is also a little interview added about the instruments in this video which then leads into another short tune which comes closer to Nandu's Dance, unfortunately I could not find a sound sample of it only a short one on Amazon.com which does not really help, still here is there website http://smid.mine.nu/mynta/

Brigitte
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
talasiga

Re: Spanish/Indian fusion

Post by talasiga »

I think one of the reasons that this topic hasn't taken off is because there is, IMO, a tendency, in these forums,
to view fusion in negative terms and to indulge in negative repartee about it, and, so, when there is topic which contains an arguably good example of fusion, people, being, as they are, in a rut, are unable engage in a fresh vein.

That was an example of one of my longer sentences and I hope that jemtheflute, bloomfield and the like will not nitpick me about some punctuative oversight.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
hans
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Re: Spanish/Indian fusion

Post by hans »

talasiga wrote:I think one of the reasons that this topic hasn't taken off is because there is, IMO, a tendency, in these forums,
to view fusion in negative terms and to indulge in negative repartee about it, and, so, when there is topic which contains an arguably good example of fusion, people, being, as they are, in a rut, are unable engage in a fresh vein.

That was an example of one of my longer sentences and I hope that jemtheflute, bloomfield and the like will not nitpick me about some punctuative oversight.
:D
not to nitpick over a spelling mistake...
or punctuation...
and not being jemtheflute or bloomfield, or the like....
but you are missing a short word,
five words from the back :poke:

your POV about the matter at hand is appreciated, of course :thumbsup: