Dear Denizens of the Fusion Forum:

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
emmline
antispam: No

Dear Denizens of the Fusion Forum:

Post by emmline »

How is this forum different from the Pub?
No alcohol?
More frequent references to music?
Exotic, poisonous, spore-producing floral decor?
What?
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Let me say, modesty aside, that I speak with some authority on the fusion forum since I created it and have managed carefully its many names.

How is it different from the pub? I really don't know.
It's not even clear that it should exist.

And yet, it lives on. It basks in its irrelevance. Flaunts it, even.

Dale
jsluder

Re: Dear Denizens of the Fusion Forum:

Post by jsluder »

emmline wrote:How is this forum different from the Pub?
No alcohol?
More frequent references to music?
Exotic, poisonous, spore-producing floral decor?
What?
In the order of your questions:
1. The name keeps changing.
2. Alcohol may very well be involved. In fact, it's quite likely.
3. More frequent references to music fusion.
4. The flowers only affect Trekkies.
5. Second base.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
emmline

Post by emmline »

DaleWisely wrote: It basks in its irrelevance. Flaunts it, even.
That's beautiful. I have to start doing that.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

This place, to my way of thinking, is like a far off corner of the pub where music is the only topic of conversation. No other matter is ever discussed, debated or argued.
This is no place for the narrow minded or conservative in taste. In here you really need to know your stuff.
Never mind thinking outside the box, here you gotta think outside the room.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
emmline

Post by emmline »

dubhlinn wrote:This place, to my way of thinking, is like a far off corner of the pub
You mean the cruddy booth in the corner, where Bloomfield gouged his initials into the table, and someone threw a ketchup packet at the Harp logo bodhran hanging over the table.
dubhlinn wrote:...where music is the only topic of conversation. No other matter is ever discussed, debated or argued.
I guess anything can seem musical after a downing a few.
dubhlinn wrote: This is no place for the...conservative in taste.

So, I guess we leave the smoking jackets at home.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Fair Emm,
If your stuck for something to wear I would be prepared to loan you a Bob Dylan T-Shirt which I wore at a gig. I was right at the front of the stage and the Bobster had a cold and sneezed a lot. There is every chance that this T-Shirt has some of Bobs DNA on it, every chance in the world.
That it has some of my DNA is a minor detail which pales into insignificance when you consider the big picture...

This is my most treasured possession so watch out for anybody flinging tomato sauce and Guinness about :wink:

Slan,
D. :)

W.B.Yeats
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Emmline, if you need something to wear, I have lots of costumes. There's a Samba outfit, a Reggae outfit with a dreds wig, a little "Heidi" Swiss thing, and a reindeer suit will be available on Sunday.

Unlike a certain other person's offerings, they're all freshly laundered and smelling of lavender Downy. :wink:
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Lambchop wrote: a Reggae outfit with a dreds wig.

A dreds wig?

Well sweet heart of Rasta Lamby, had I known you were a fan of Robert Nesta, I would have told you about the framed half a joint, and it's a big half :wink: , that the priest who did my fathers funeral gave me.It turned out that he was part of the ecumenical service at Marleys funeral and a dear close parishoner of his brought it to him as an icon. The priest, from Co. Cork, accepted it in good faith and kept it with him. Ten years later he gave it to me.
The reasons for his benevolence I never established but I think that it may have to do with the fact that when he came to his first funeral, in a small tight knit community, the first thing he heard was a load of people singing along to "One World".
There was also a very strong smell of dope floating around but that's another tale.

Slan,
D. :wink:

W.B.Yeats
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Oh, then I shall wear my reggae outfit tonight!

That's a lutefisk at the bottom left, by the way. Apparently prior to cooking.
emmline

Post by emmline »

dubhlinn wrote: I would have told you about the framed half a joint, and it's a big half :wink:
Loaded, undoubtedly, with DNA.
Thank you Lambchop, but I think I'll go with the khaki outback-style jumpsuit complete with cargo belt. Though I've never worn either dreds or a Swiss yodeling ensemble and both are tempting.
As for Dub's offer of his Dylan tee--the risk of my spilling something is too real I'm forced to admit.
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

...where music is the only topic of conversation. No other matter is ever discussed, debated or argued.
Sorry, dumb question here, but I'm kinda new here: does this mean no Microsoft bashing?
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cofaidh wrote:
...where music is the only topic of conversation. No other matter is ever discussed, debated or argued.
Sorry, dumb question here, but I'm kinda new here: does this mean no Microsoft bashing?
Unless you value your street cred. We expect less cant and more oeuvre here, so if you wanna walk THAT tired razor's edge, it better be good.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rod Sprague »

Cofaidh wrote:Sorry, dumb question here, but I'm kinda new here: does this mean no Microsoft bashing?
If MacroShaft has done anything that effects music in the context of a thread, bash away!

Rod
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Well, there is the travesty that is "Sound Recorder..."
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."