Well, it exists..... sort of

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I think it is in the key of Sainkho.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Eldarion wrote:While browsing around for throat singing I came across some mp3 clips of that Sainkho singer Cynth found:

http://www.ubu.com/ethno/soundings/sainkho.html

This is probably the weirdest vocal thing I've ever heard.
Jayyyyzzzzuss!!!! :o
That has GOT to be the most bizzzzzzarre thing I have ever heared!
That first one reminds me of The Excorcist...one or two of them even sound like they had a tape recorder going while doing the naughty :o
OK so I tried to listen to the file titled "Ach So (Dedicated to women) 5:16." About two minutes into it our young cat jumped on the computer desk and did the "hunched back, poofed tail and jumping sideways all freeked out dance" thing. For her sake (and mine) I turned it off. Wowser!!

:lol:
SteveShaw
antispam: No
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Re: Well, it exists..... sort of

Post by SteveShaw »

Cynth wrote:[2. What is Madigral?
a. Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Dale might have meant Madrigal. Because Google now changes its spelling to match the mispelled words one types in (an excellent idea which will be of great benefit to our society I'm sure),
Heheh! Y'mean words like "misspelled?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

100 MOST OFTEN MISPELLED MISSPELLED WORDS IN ENGLISH
Dr. Language has provided a one-stop cure for all your spelling ills. Here are the 100 words most often misspelled ('misspell' is one of them). Each word has a mnemonic pill with it and, if you swallow it, it will help you to remember how to spell the word.

misspell What is more embarrassing than to misspell the name of the problem?[Yeah, tell me about it!] Just remember that it is mis + spell and that will spell you the worry about spelling "spell."
http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/misspelled.html

:oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: Dude, what sharp eyes you have! I have swallowed the mnemonic pill recommended above. I looked up "sanctimonious", a word Tyghress used in one of her threads recently, and I believe a sentence criticizing someone's "mispelling" might be a very good illustration of the definition. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
SteveShaw
antispam: No
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I didn't think you were being sanctimonious, Cynth - it isn't in your make-up I'm sure. :oops: A few weeks ago in another thread (it might not even have been here) someone was publicly berating someone else for their misspelling, and guess what - they misspelled "misspelled." I love that! :D

I shall be proofreading everything I post VERY carefully from now on... :wink:

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

SteveShaw wrote:I didn't think you were being sanctimonious, Cynth - it isn't in your make-up I'm sure. :oops: A few weeks ago in another thread (it might not even have been here) someone was publicly berating someone else for their misspelling, and guess what - they misspelled "misspelled." I love that! :D
Actually Steve, although I know you weren't implying this, I can be very goody goody. In this case I was jokingly sanctimonious, let's say. The thing is---Dale's goof was an obvious typo and mine was truly made from ignorance. It serves me right :lol: .
SteveShaw wrote:I shall be proofreading everything I post VERY carefully from now on... :wink:
ME TOO!!!!!! :lol: