Some things just aren't funny

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Re: Some things just aren't funny

Post by Walden »

cskinner wrote:You know, I like to think of myself as a good sport. You post stuff about a goofy fusion and, hey, I can have some fun with it. But when you appear to treat Freestyle Acid House Flamenco music with the same frivolity as Twelve Tone Boy Groups, I just have to speak up.
You're preaching at the choir. I have Beverly La Haye, Dr. Laura, and the entire Concerned Women for America, organizing a massive boycott of all the products advertising through Google AdSense, in this forum, as we speak.
cskinner wrote:Of course there's no way you could know--I reserve a private part of my life that no one, not even dear C&F friends, knows anything about.
Did you mix singular and plural?
cskinner wrote:You But wouldn't it at least seem like a POSSIBILITY, Dale, that a fusion as significant, resonant, and meaningful as Freestyle Acid House Flamenco might be the kind of thing that gets a person through the night? I can't tell you how many crises I have endured--with hope and determination, no less--because of the inspiration I have taken from A Guy Called Geraldo's Andalusian Voodoo and other trance-enducing heel-clacking miracles. I don't know--to see this life-transforming music put on display for derision--I just feel so....violated.

Hate to be a buzz kill, but I gotta say what's in my heart.

Carol
It's giving me Freestyle Flamenco Acid Reflux.
Reasonable person
Walden