This forum is stagnating. Off to the Ituri rainforest.

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
Paul Thomas

This forum is stagnating. Off to the Ituri rainforest.

Post by Paul Thomas »

Clearly, the trend-makers have moved on - the forum name has stayed the same...for more than 2-3 days, clearly a sign that the aggressively hip music fusion cognoscenti have grown weary of our tired imaginings.

I'm hoping for something like Britney Spears re-mixed by an Mbuti from the Ituri rainforest and a Jewish Bangra star from Walla Walla, WA. Now that would bring 'em back. So many layers of irony that you don't know whether to smile or grimace.

Dale, please, we crave leadership in this time of crisis - or at least someone to tell us what to think!

Paul

P.S. - actually the Mbuti stuff is very, very cool, if you've never heard it. Unfortunately it's difficult to find recordings which are un-adulterated. They could teach the early music folks a thing or two about hocketing. I seem to recall that there are also some various North American first nations singing games that make use of hocketing. (there's a joke in there somewhere about a physicist named Stephen, or maybe a painter named David, but I can't quite bring it to the surface.)
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

I was thinking Emo-Punk sung by Tuvan Throat singers.
Like an audial train wreck: depressing, but fascinating.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

fearfaoin wrote:I was thinking Emo-Punk sung by Tuvan Throat singers.
Isn't it, already? :-?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Craig Stuntz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Craig Stuntz »

fearfaoin wrote:I was thinking Emo-Punk sung by Tuvan Throat singers.
Like an audial train wreck: depressing, but fascinating.
Already been done. Quite good, actually. Great live show. And there aren't many bands who would do a covers CD featuring throat-singing renditions of songs by Robert Tannahill and Motorhead.