We want the Andean-Reggae Black Metal forum back!

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum

Do you want the Andean-Reggae Black Metal forum back?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:56 pm

yes
17%
no
83%

Total votes: 12

carrie

Post by carrie »

dubhlinn wrote: Temptation..a terrible thing to be sure :sniffle:
I can resist everything except temptation. --Oscar Wilde

Carol
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

cskinner wrote:
dubhlinn wrote: Temptation..a terrible thing to be sure :sniffle:
I can resist everything except temptation. --Oscar Wilde

Carol
I should have known that one would not escape your keen eye :)

The temptation to make your 1K post must be pretty...well...tempting.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Walden wrote:I guess we could take it as sacrilege or we could take it as metaphorical, in which latter case I'd feel no obligation to be alienated at an image that caused me to laugh out loud.
Well then, I for one vote unanimously to take it as metaphorical! I can see that it would not be funny to everyone, but I was thinking that if I had a congregation that needed a little jolt I just might use that as the basis for a sermon. It would wake everyone up a bit!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Indeed Cynth,
When I posted it up it never crossed my mind that anybody would be offended by it.Both Lamby and Walden have a highly developed sense of humour and a very high level of intelligence, more than enough not to perceive an insult where there was never one intended.
This little twist in the thread reminds me of something I read years back possibly from the pen of Kurt Vonnegut, "..have a drink with Jesus, in the Cocktail cabinet of your Soul"

That had me giggling for days.

Slan,
D. :wink:

W.B.Yeats
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

dubh, you are the last person anyone would think of offending someone. :lol:

I guess for some people a lack of reverence alone would be considered sacrilegious. And humor seems to be an irreverent thing. But irreverence can be gentle and eye-opening. I myself usually require an association of something sacred with something foul before I consider something sacrilegious and therefore offensive. Not being a Christian, I'm certainly not suggesting anyone who is would need my opinion on the matter, of course.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:
Cynth wrote:I just hope they're clean.
He could always use this stuff, never fails :wink:

Slan,
D.
Did you have to do that, Dubh? You're gonna alienate both Lambchop and Walden! :boggle:

You're a fine one to worry about Dubh alienating me . . . <sob!>
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh geez, Lamby's taken to her bed. We gotta find a way to get her mind off this...well, whatever it was.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cynth wrote:Oh geez, Lamby's taken to her bed. We gotta find a way to get her mind off this...well, whatever it was.
Ah...I think she's caught a bus...
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Look, here's a nice new picture of Brian Finnegan.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Denny wrote:
Cynth wrote:Oh geez, Lamby's taken to her bed. We gotta find a way to get her mind off this...well, whatever it was.
:lol: Oh dear! You know, I thought the round thing was like a decorative pillow that was tossed on the floor. :lol: Yeah, okay, I can see she is sitting on a bus. I thought she already got home and went to bed. :lol: Oh geez.

Oh, I just looked at the title. She's going to Topeka? Well, she ain't in bed no matter why she's going to Topeka? Why Topeka?

She can use this picture again for when she does get home and takes to her bed. That will save a little work.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Lambchop wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
dubhlinn wrote: He could always use this stuff, never fails :wink:

Slan,
D.
Did you have to do that, Dubh? You're gonna alienate both Lambchop and Walden! :boggle:

You're a fine one to worry about Dubh alienating me . . . <sob!>

Ha..I've alienated far better women than Lamby in my time...far better :lol:

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:
Denny wrote:
:lol: Oh dear! You know, I thought the round thing was like a decorative pillow that was tossed on the floor. :lol: Yeah, okay, I can see she is sitting on a bus. I thought she already got home and went to bed. :lol: Oh geez.

Oh, I just looked at the title. She's going to Topeka? Well, she ain't in bed no matter why she's going to Topeka? Why Topeka?

She can use this picture again for when she does get home and takes to her bed. That will save a little work.
It isn't a very good picture, I know. I had to draw it on a napkin in a Waffle House next to the bus stop.

Well, after I got to Minnesota and Nano said he didn't want a special wooly friend and just wanted to fleece me, you told me to go straight home and not give any of the donation money to Nano, so that's what I did. Didn't you see me standing at the bus stop sobbing all yesterday???

Oh, I wish I was in my own little bed. I doubt if I'll ever get home now. There are awful men in the bus who are leering at me and drooling!
Cotelette d'Agneau
Denny

Post by Denny »

Lambchop wrote:Oh, I wish I was in my own little bed. I doubt if I'll ever get home now. There are awful men in the bus who are leering at me and drooling!
but do they have mint sauce? :-?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Denny wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Oh, I wish I was in my own little bed. I doubt if I'll ever get home now. There are awful men in the bus who are leering at me and drooling!
but do they have mint sauce? :-?
Page 4, Saturday, October 15, 6:50 a.m.:
A Broken-Hearted and Frightened Lamb wrote:
**SNIFFFF***

I'm trying to be brave. But I think I smell mint sauce.

Where, oh where is that bus?
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well if I'd known your home was in Topeka I might have suggested going somewhere else. :lol: I did see you at the bus stop with your pink Kleenex. I thought you were headed back to the Southeast. Maybe you should head for Kansas City. Aren't there more opportunities for sheep there?

I'll just give you a little tip about the bus. There are some types who will sit in the seats just in front of you and pretend to fall asleep and they dangle an arm between the seats so that it swings back and forth and touches your leg. I was young and silly when this happened to me and I did nothing but sit there in terror for I don't know how long. Here's the deal. You kick that arm good and hard, I mean hard, and then say excuse me, and you won't have any more trouble.

Also, if anyone bothers you go up to the driver and just stand by him. I'm sure you will get home just fine. Don't go outside the bus station. Call for a ride from inside and then stand right by the ticket counter.