Lounge-Gospel-Barbershop Fusion: The Thread

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Lounge-Gospel-Barbershop Fusion: The Thread

Post by Dale »

We're looking here for Gospel music, in barbershop style harmony, with a cheesy Holiday Inn lounge entertainment tinge.
missy

Post by missy »

well, I live about 50 miles away from the Rosemary Clooney Museum - does that count??? :o
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Wait, dudette, Rosemary Clooney isn't cheesy! She was one of the great jazz singers. http://www.npr.org/programs/jazzprofile ... ooney.html You should go see the museum!

Okay, I didn't have much luck with the Barbershop Gospel Quartet-Lounge Lizard fusion. There are lots of cheesy barbershop quartets---you wouldn't believe some of the things I saw. There are a lot of barbershop gospel quartets, but they either aren't cheesy or their websites have gone under or they are announced in church bulletins and have no websites. Honestly.

This is the best I could do:
"With the gospel/barbershop quartet "Highlight"."

I know guitar isn't usually used in barbershop quartets :lol:.
I don't know what's with the igloo motif. I think
those are poinsettias around the bottom of it.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca