Video game music and ITM

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
MooglePower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm an ITM enthusiast who has been learning instruments like the whistle and smallpipes. I've been playing various different musical instruments for years.

Video game music and ITM

Post by MooglePower »

I'm currently in an internet-based video game folk music group and a lot of the tracks that I've arranged for this group involve trad arrangements of video game music. Has anyone else here explored this? I'd love to hear what everyone else has done.

Lately, I've taken to turning the video game music into trad-style tunes (e.g. Chocobo Theme as a slipjig) and putting them in sets with other trad tunes.
AaronFW
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Re: Video game music and ITM

Post by AaronFW »

I personally don't have experience with arranging or playing this type of thing, but I do enjoy listening to it. Thanks for sharing the link.
Do you happen to have a record of the Chocobo Theme Slipjig? I'd love to hear it.

As for my own musical adventures, I am still nailing down the fundamentals and trying to feel my way around to find my thing. I'm mostly playing and learning ITM in order to build skills.