SHRED 2017 the most technic guitar solo ever played?

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
davidvincent
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: No I'm musician, meloman, manager which promote some artists but not a robot ;) and I like shredding guitar, demonstration and my favorite guitarist are Emmanuel Sansone, Ingwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Nuno Bettencourt

SHRED 2017 the most technic guitar solo ever played?

Post by davidvincent »

Hey, Are you curious ??? You want the most fast and technic demo solo guitare ever played? a slap in your face??? it's for you…lol
Emmanuel Sansone is unbelievable on that track...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL_LUhAQY6k
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: SHRED 2017 the most technic guitar solo ever played?

Post by benhall.1 »

Ah ... ye-s-s-s ...

Not my thing. Also, I presume that you're not really David Vincent, although I suppose you might be. Seems unlikely, especially given your email address.

Anyway, maybe somebody, somewhere in the world might like this I suppose. That somebody wouldn't be me.
Tor

Post by Tor »

I had a look. Yngwie Malmsteen can do that, and better (well, faster) before breakfast every day.
In any case, I didn't find it particularly musical. If I want to listen to 'fast' and musical at the same time I would put on some John McLaughlin.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Tor wrote:I had a look. Yngwie Malmsteen can do that, and better (well, faster) before breakfast every day.
In any case, I didn't find it particularly musical. If I want to listen to 'fast' and musical at the same time I would put on some John McLaughlin.
Ah. John "God plays guitar through me" McLaughlin. :) I used to love his stuff, back in the day. Haven't listened to any for many years now.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Ben, going to delete this now?
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

kkrell wrote:Ben, going to delete this now?
I was going to leave it Kevin. I don't think it's doing any harm, is it? I may have missed something ...
Tor

Post by Tor »

benhall.1 wrote: Ah. John "God plays guitar through me" McLaughlin. :) I used to love his stuff, back in the day. Haven't listened to any for many years now.
Same here, admittedly.. it's been years. But that may be because I'm suffering from something that apparently happens to at least some people when actively playing instruments for a long time: At one point the mind can only either listen to the music, or not listen. Background music doesn't work anymore. If there's background music when I'm talking to somebody or I'm working on something it's like having someone jabbing into my ear, and I have to turn around and switch it off.
So, I'm only putting on a record if I'm genuinely sitting down to listen, and not doing anything else, or if I'm trying to learn something by ear. Mostly the latter, as I'm also suffering from 'stuck in the brain' syndrome - if I'm not careful, music I hear will stay in my mind for days. Very troublesome. On the other hand it sounds almost as good as the real thing, so if I really want to listen to something I can as well do it in my mind.
In any case, my CD- and LP collection isn't in much use anymore.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Tor wrote:
benhall.1 wrote: Ah. John "God plays guitar through me" McLaughlin. :) I used to love his stuff, back in the day. Haven't listened to any for many years now.
Same here, admittedly.. it's been years. But that may be because I'm suffering from something that apparently happens to at least some people when actively playing instruments for a long time: At one point the mind can only either listen to the music, or not listen. Background music doesn't work anymore. If there's background music when I'm talking to somebody or I'm working on something it's like having someone jabbing into my ear, and I have to turn around and switch it off.
So, I'm only putting on a record if I'm genuinely sitting down to listen, and not doing anything else, or if I'm trying to learn something by ear. Mostly the latter, as I'm also suffering from 'stuck in the brain' syndrome - if I'm not careful, music I hear will stay in my mind for days. Very troublesome. On the other hand it sounds almost as good as the real thing, so if I really want to listen to something I can as well do it in my mind.
In any case, my CD- and LP collection isn't in much use anymore.
Strange though this may sound, I find that both completely chiming with my own experience and also very heartening! Nobody seems to understand that it's almost like torture for me to have music on when I'm trying to do something else. I simply cannot have background music and work effectively. Although, strangely, I can actively listen to music and also transcribe a different tune at the same time!
Tor

Post by Tor »

My wife finds it a bit difficult that we can either have the car stereo on and keep quiet, or talk. Not both at the same time. Even if she's the one driving.
[..]
I actually heard about this type of "problem" before I was affected by it - nearly twenty years ago. A guitar player on a guitar forum, who had been a pro in his youth, described it pretty much the way I described it in the earlier post. I thought it curious at the time, and basically forgot about it. [..]
Then, some time after, maybe a few years, I really can't pinpoint when, but somewhere along the road [..] I lost the ability to have music as background noise. And I recalled what that guitar player had said. He thought it had something to do with the ability to dissect music when listening to it; it changes how you listen to music, for good.
IIRC Nano mentioned that he's pretty much the same, in another thread somewhere. I had mentioned this "problem" of mine there.

EDIT: Boiled down the content a bit - the essence is enough.
Stev0
Tell us something.: I'm here as a milti-instrumentalist to learn about and discuss my new interest in irish-style keyless flutes. I played the Boehm flute from 5th grade through 8th grade (I am now 36yo), and recently aquired a Windwood bamboo flute.

Post by Stev0 »

[THREAD REVIVAL - MOD]

I've heard plenty of guitarist play like that.Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Buckethead, and best of all Joe Satriani. Satriani can do it with SO much feeling and soul... he'll bring a tear to your eye.

remember, it's usually not how fast or how many notes a musician can play that makes them great, but WHAT, WHEN, and HOW they are played.
-Stevo