Looking for Bouzuki/Similar Player in Southern Indiana

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
GLammers
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Looking for Bouzuki/Similar Player in Southern Indiana

Post by GLammers »

I'm assembling a progressive Irish Quartet/Quintet (varying based on who/what I'm able to acquire) in the Bloomington/Nashville/Columbus area of Southern Indiana.

We currently have a lineup of young musicians in and around their twenties, including myself on Whistles and Uilleann Pipes, a Bodhran player, and a Celtic Harpist. We'd like to find a Bouzuki to fill out our sound and add rhythmic accompaniment (mostly), and occasionally picking melody to keep things fresh. Our music is almost exclusively instrumental.

We'll be working out a roughly weekly meetup schedule, either at my place in Nashville or in practice rooms in the IU music department in Bloomington, and will gradually fill out a complete setlist to premiere this fall, followed by various local gigs (not much extensive travel planned, for starters.) We already have a small-scale record deal in the works for purposes of recording/producing when that time comes.

Anywho, if you're interested, please let me know asap, either here or via email/PM, and I'll get some sheets your way. I'd prefer if you can read sheet music, but chord charts and/or tabs can be worked with as well.

Cheers!

-Greg