F S Tim Phillips Octave Fiddle

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
Tim H
antispam: No

F S Tim Phillips Octave Fiddle

Post by Tim H »

Hi. I have come here from the piping forum. My wife wants to sell her Fiddle. The following advert is as posted on eBay so hopefully there may be someone here who will be interested. Here is the link to eBay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... e&_sacat=0

A rare opportunity to purchase a Tim Philips Octave Violin. It makes me very sad to sell this beautiful instrument but lack of funds forces sale. This instrument plays an octave below the voilin but is sized only a little chubbier than a standard voilin. Its rich tones and warm resonance is typical of a Tim Philips instrument. It comes with a Skyinbow pickup fitted by the maker. It is natural coloured western red cedar front and maple back and sides. The back is two piece. These Octave violins really are great fun and a brilliant addition to any group of instruments. It uses the same finger pattern as a standard violin so any violin /fiddle player can play it straight away Tim's Octave's are played by Eliza Carthy and Kathryn Tickell amongst others. New price £2750 plus Skyinbow pickup worth £217 fitted. See Tim Philips website for further details. (Bow not included but comes with a hard case). There is no buy it now price. Postage outside the uk mainland will be charged at cost.
Email becca@hamlynandco.com for any further details.

Thanks
Tim