For Sale: Baden A-Style Guitar Cedar/Mahogany SOLD

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

For Sale: Baden A-Style Guitar Cedar/Mahogany SOLD

Post by Loren »

Baden A-Style guitar for sale, nearly new condition. Also includes a nice arch top hard case. The case has some scuffs but is in great condition. Straight neck, virtually no fret wear. Handmade, all solid woods - Cedar Top, Mahogany Back and Sides. Cutaway, no electronics, 25 1/2" scale, 1 23/32 nut width. Body is deeper than an OM/000 for more bass. Satin finish.

If you are not familiar with Baden Guitars, check out the on-line reviews and you tube videos. The Baden Guitar Company was founded by T.J. Baden, former V.P. of Taylor Guitars. These guitars are fantastic: Extremely well made, sound great, and the playability is fantastic. This guitar, with the cedar top, is killer for fingerstyle - wonderful clarity, warmth, note separation, sustain and dynamics, but it also strums well as long as you don't need to flog it. A very balanced sounding guitar overall, not as trebly sounding as many of the Taylors. Sounds and plays better than the 2008 Martin 000-18 I used to own, in fact I sold the Martin when I got this Baden. Unfortunately I now have an arm injury that prevents me from playing and the Baden is not getting played, otherwise I wouldn't sell it.

I have owned many guitars over the years including 4 Martins, a couple of Taylors, 6 Larrivees, a Guild, and a bunch of others., this Baden guitar is one of my favorites and for the money nothing I have owned comes close. Your mileage may vary of course, but in my opinion these Baden A-Style guitars play and sound as good as many guitars costing 3x as much. List on this guitar was originally $1960.

$700. + shipping for the guitar and case.

Loren
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free