Selling a new Sharpsicle harpsicle 26 strings harp.

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
gerardo1000

Selling a new Sharpsicle harpsicle 26 strings harp.

Post by gerardo1000 »

Hi. I hope that this is the right section of the forum to place a harp for sale. If not, I apologize with the administrators !
I am selling a new Sharpsicle harp,black, made in US by the Harpsicle Harp Company. As opposed to the basic and less expensive Harpsicle model, this nice 26 strings harp has levers that allow to play in 6 different keys. I personally bought the harp three weeks ago at Long & Mc Quade in Windsor, Ontario, on the other side of the river from Detroit where I live. I paid $ 560.00 for it. I am selling it just because I am a guitar player, wanted to try the harp and decided to stick with my acoustic guitar. The Harpsicle is in immaculate condition, I played it no more than one hour, always at home. It comes with a book and CD. For more info, please go to : www.harpsicle.com You can also see several videos of Harpsicle harps on You Tube.
I prefer to sell the harp inside the United States, I had past bad experiences with Customs opening a package and not re-packing it in a proper and safe way.
I am asking for 420.00 plus shipping expenses, to be calculated based on the buyer's location. If interested and if you want to see pictures of the harp, please e-mail me at gpavone@comcast.net. Thanks ! Gerardo
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Selling a new Sharpsicle harpsicle 26 strings harp.

Post by Redwolf »

I'd like to add to this that Harpsicles are a good way for people who think they might want to play the harp to get a feel for the instrument. They also make good travel instruments (I have an unlevered Harpsicle that is my travel harp). Normally, I wouldn't buy a "Sharpsicle" new, as the additional cost of the levers puts them close to the price range of a much better harp, such as the Dusty Strings Ravenna 26, but at this price, with a case, if the harp is in good condition, it's a very good deal.

These little harps are a good deal quieter than most folk harps, and the sound isn't as full and round, but they're decent little instruments. The maker is highly reliable, and these harps do tend to retain their resale value. They'll probably never be anyone's main ax, but if you're looking to get into playing the harp, or if you're looking for a travel harp, they're much, much better than those hideous Pakistani harp-shaped objects.

BTW, that's my Harpsicle on the left in my avatar photo. As you can see, the sound box is pretty shallow, which accounts for the quieter, less round, tone, but it still has a very pleasant sound and is much easier to carry around than my other harps!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

Whenever I see the word "harpsicle", I want to ask "What flavor is it?" :)
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
JTC111

Post by JTC111 »

MTGuru wrote:Whenever I see the word "harpsicle", I want to ask "What flavor is it?" :)
According to the website, harp lickers can get it in cherry, blueberry, mint, bubble gum, marshmallow, licorice, and grape.
Jim

I wish I were a Lord Mayor, a Marquis or an Earl
And blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl
Blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl

http://www.jimcaputo.com
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

JTC111 wrote:
MTGuru wrote:Whenever I see the word "harpsicle", I want to ask "What flavor is it?" :)
According to the website, harp lickers can get it in cherry, blueberry, mint, bubble gum, marshmallow, licorice, and grape.
Yep...they actually refer to the different colors as flavors! Mine's "maple" (i.e., natural). The one being advertised here would be licorice.

They really are the most portable of the real harps, which is very nice if you travel. My case has backpack straps, so it's easy to carry in stores. The only caveat is you need to have something to sit them on to play...either that, or a lap bar. "Lap harp" is a misnomer in any case (so called "lap harps" aren't typically held on the lap, as it's awkward to keep them in place), but the Harpsicle is really too tall to play that way, even if you were so inclind. They come with a strap, but I've never mastered the use of it. I have a lap bar, and when I travel by car I have a small, collapsible plastic stool that's just the perfect height.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!