The story of how I didn't get an autoharp

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
kokopelli
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

The story of how I didn't get an autoharp

Post by kokopelli »

Every month or so I find myself falling in love with the sounds produced by a different kind of instrument. Often I find myself enamored with the cello or perhaps a horn of some sort, but a few months ago it was the autoharp. I'm the sort of person who gave up on playing the guitar because it has too many strings and decided to master the ukulele instead. The autoharp's profusion of strings seemed somewhat daunting, yet the methods behind playing it looked simple enough. Unfortunately, unlike a ukulele, autoharps are rather expensive (at least compared to my college student budget of approximately nothing). Resigned to my fate but not willing to leave it alone without saying something, I posted a facebook status saying that I wanted an autoharp. I thought nothing of it after that and shortly forgot about the whole incident as another instrument took my fancy. About a month later I heard that one of my friends had his car broken into and his wallet stolen. If that seems entirely unrelated to the story, you're thinking the same way I was. A few days ago a different friend of mine (a girl who is now in a relationship with the guy who's car was broken into, but wasn't at the time it happened) told me a story that left me utterly flummoxed. For the sake of not using her real name I'll call her Sue. I'll call her new boyfriend Bob.

That facebook status I posted and forgot about was seen by almost everybody I know. Sue was one of them. It turns out her grandmother had an autoharp that somebody gave her and she never learned how to play. When Sue read that I wanted an autoharp she took it seriously and talked to her grandmother. The grandmother said that since the instrument was just sitting in a closet collecting dust it would be a great idea to give to a young gentleman who would learn to play it and enjoy it. She even wrote a really nice note and placed it inside the case. The details of how Sue and the autoharp wound up in Bob's car got left out of the story but I get the feeling he might have driven her to her grandmother's house since her car was broken a the time. So Sue and Bob go to visit a friend of Bob's and the autoharp is in the back seat, in its case. Bob doesn't feel that great and he's tired of having his big fat wallet in his pocket, so he leaves it in the glove compartment. Sue considers taking the autoharp into the house to play with it a bit, but decides not to since Bob doesn't feel good and doesn't want to be subjected to the noises of somebody who can't play it properly. When Bob and Sue emerge from the house they were visiting they find the back window of his car missing, along with the autoharp, his backpack with all his college books in it, and his wallet.

I guess the moral of the story is that I have amazing friends, my friends have amazing grandmothers, and I hate thieves.
Check out the story I'm writing
http://theinventorsguild.blogspot.com/
NZJLY
antispam: No

Re: The story of how I didn't get an autoharp

Post by NZJLY »

Bugger.

You might just have to make your own :thumbsup:

John
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: The story of how I didn't get an autoharp

Post by mutepointe »

I rate the story a

I did wonder how the wallet, car. and facebook, and grandma were all going to fit together but the names Bob & Sue could have used some work. Maybe grandma could have played the autoharp at a USO or something too.

Bummer about the bad luck. Maybe some good will come from this. You never know.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦