FS: Mint Blueridge Tenor Guitar with custom Access Gig Bag

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
gerardo1000

FS: Mint Blueridge Tenor Guitar with custom Access Gig Bag

Post by gerardo1000 »

I am selling a like new (really like new) Blueridge BT 40 tenor guitar that I personally bought three weeks ago at Elderly Instruments in Lansing, MI, together with a nice and very well padded tenor guitar gig bag from Access (receipt available). The total value of the package that I purchased is $ 349.00 for the guitar, $ 39.00 for the Access gig bag, for a total amount of $388.00 plus taxes. In addition, I replaced the factory strings with Elixir strings of the right gauge for a tenor guitar, custom ordered from Juststrings.com. I also have a brand new extra-set of Elixir strings for the tenor (gauges are .010, .015,.024,.035) that I will be glad to add to the package at no charge (it is a $ 12.00 value).
I am selling the guitar because I am quite a beginner and there is almost no instructional material on tenor guitar available, both printed or on-line. Yes I can buy some tenor banjo tutorials but it is not the same thing. I hope that this guitar will find a house where it will be played as it deserves.
It is absolutely gorgeous and it plays great, with easy action, no strings buzz, straight neck.
The tone is awesome, I compared it at Elderly with a Gold Tone Tenor (which by the way costs more) and a Martin LX tenor and in my opinion there is no comparison. I have detailed pictures that I will be glad to e-mail to anyone interested. Please e-mail me at gpavone@comcast.net
I ask $ 295.00 for guitar and gig bag, plus shipping expenses to be determined with the buyer depending from his location and his needs (Ground, two days shipping, etc...)
In all honesty, it is a great deal because it is like buying the guitar brand new in the store, but with a discount of 30 % ! Thank you for your attention.
Tim2723

Re: FS: Mint Blueridge Tenor Guitar with custom Access Gig Bag

Post by Tim2723 »

Well Gerardo, that one, like so many of the instruments you seem to buy and sell, is a very nice one and an excellent bargain. But I'm concerned that you've given up before even trying. The tenor guitar is a wonderful instrument. I don't understand what you mean when you say the tenor banjo tutors aren't suitable. What are you trying to do with the guitar? The tenor guitar was developed for tenor banjo players so that they could have a different tone available to them, much the same as there are hybrid mandolins and ukuleles that incorporate banjo and resonator guitar concepts for those players. The whole idea is to simply take your existing repertoire and play it with a new sound. Perhaps you just haven't found the right banjo tutorials yet. Tell us more about what you wish to accomplish and maybe you need not give up so soon.

Dick Glasgow has a tenor guitar group on his website here:

http://europeanoldtimers.ning.com/group/tenorguitar
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info
gerardo1000

Post by gerardo1000 »

Tim you are right. I buy and sell several instruments, in my quest to find an instrument different from acoustic guitar that will conquer me. After thirty five years playing (in a mediocre way) acoustic guitar, I am feeling the need to add something new. Not because I do not love the traditional six string guitar (actually, this is the only instrument that I never got bored of) but just because I am curious. Perhaps too much !
Tim2723

Post by Tim2723 »

My friend, that is even more good reason not to give up so quickly! Do you want to play ITM on the tenor guitar? Then there are several very good banjo manuals that can be used. Please don't give up so soon. You are a very fine musician and should try your best at the tenor guitar. You can sell the instrument a year from now and still do no worse. Try it first and give it your best effort!
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info
gerardo1000

Re: FS: Mint Blueridge Tenor Guitar with custom Access Gig Bag.

Post by gerardo1000 »

Sold. Thank you.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Let's hold an intervention for gerardo.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦