|Chiff and Fipple Forums
|Fiddle concert and workshop in Pontypridd, Sept 6/7
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||RLines [ Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:47 am ]|
|Post subject:||Fiddle concert and workshop in Pontypridd, Sept 6/7|
Once again, the South Wales Uilleann Pipers will be offering a fiddle workshop as part of our annual tionol weekend.
Joining us this year will be Jacqui Martin of Dublin. Jacqui teaches every year at The Joe Mooney Summer School in Drumshanbo, Co.Leitrim. She has performed and taught at other various workshops, festivals and summer schools in Ireland, the UK, Germany, Finland, Switzerland and the USA.
You can see a video of Jacqui performing at The Cobblestone a few years ago. Jacqui regularly performs with Gay McKeon, who is one of our guest pipers for the weekend.
The South Wales Uilleann Pipers are also proud to welcome back to the Rhondda Valleys two long-time friends of the club, and past tionol guests, Mick O’Brien and Gay McKeon.
Piping at the Old Bridge
The 10th South Wales Tionol
September 6th/7th 2019
Pontypridd Museum, Pontypridd
With Special Guests
Mick O’Brien (uilleann pipes)
Gay McKeon (uilleann pipes)
Jacqui Martin (fiddle)
Jason Rouse (tin whistle)
- Opening Concert Friday Night with Mick, Gay, Jacqui and other musicians
- Piping instruction all-day Saturday (beginner and improver levels)
- Fiddle instruction all-day Saturdaay (beginner and improver levels)
- Whistle instruction all-day Saturday (beginner and improver levels)
- Saturday afternoon Piper’s Chair piping recital
- Lunch provided Saturday alongside a demonstration of old 78rpm records of Patsy Touhey, Tom Ennis, Leo Rowsome, Liam Walsh and others played on antique wind-up gramophones
- Evening session on Friday in Pontypridd, and on Saturday in Ferndale (with special guests the Morlais Welsh Male Voice Choir)
Friday concert admission £7/£5 concessions
Saturday workshop £35 (£20 for age 16 and under) which includes morning and afternoon lessons and lunch
The Tionol will be based in and around the Pontypridd Museum, a restored Baptist chapel dating from 1861. The chapel sits on the banks of River Taf at the foot of Pontypridd’s ‘Old Bridge’ which, when first completed in 1756, was the longest single span bridge in Europe.
Mark the dates in your calendars. More information to follow soon. Also follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
By email contact rhonddapiper(at)gmail(dot)com
Our 2018 Tionol
|Author:||RLines [ Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:24 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Fiddle concert and workshop in Pontypridd, Sept 6/7|
Final programme for the tionol!
private image upload
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group