FS - Weymann Banjolele

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

FS - Weymann Banjolele

Post by sponge »

I might be barking up the wrong tree with this one, But I have a very nice circa 1920/30 Weymann Banjolele or banjo uke for sale
I done a bit of refurb, new tension hooks, new calfskin, new strings, and a new case, it has a seven inch drum/skin, and a slighly
longer scale length, maple body sides and neck, maple resonator back, that is the the slip on/off type that weymann came up with,
and it fits nice and snug, what looks to be ivory binding down the sides of the rosewood neck, and MOP fret markers, lovely condition
considering it's age, neck straight, tuners hold tuning well, any more info drop us a PM or e-mail, I have put a good £130 in reburb and new case,
so looking at around £300, but will take any reasonable offer, if I've missed the mark on this being not useful as a trad instrument I do apologise
but there are a few people knocking out trad tunes on these little beasts.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image